Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mel Hall's Vietnam Blog # 1

So far we have been having a fantastic holiday! What we don't realise is that it is soon to be over. The holiday has gone by so quickly and it feels like we only just got off the plane!

We started off the holiday in a very big city called Hanoi. In Hanoi we went on a city sight seeing tour where we visited several different museums and Ho Chi Min's house. We learnt alot about Ho Chi Min and the way he lived. We learnt that he only had three sets of clothing and one hat.

We couldn't keep track of all the Vietnamese street names so we just made up names by ourselves. We went down shoe street many times and bought five pairs of vans.

We then went on an over night cruise in Ha Long Bay for my birthday. I got happy birthday sung to me by people from 4 different countries. After that we went to Hoi Ann. We went on an 8 hour cycling tour around the country side to see how the villagers lived. In Hoi An we got lots of things made like clothes and shoes.

We also spent some of our time relaxing at our five star resort and swimming in the 150 metre pool. Our next stop was at Nha Trang, which is known for its beaches and is also where some young people go. Bec and I went para-sailing along the bay which was loads of fun. We visited Vin Pearl Land which is a Theme and Water park on an Island which we travelled to by cable car.

We hopped on a plane and now we are in Ho Chi Min City which used to be known as Saigon. So far we have spent most of the time wandering around and getting used to the surroundings.

I have been having a great holiday and can't wait to get away from the heat. Most days the temperature is around 35 - 40 degrees but it is really sticky. See you soon and don't miss me too much! I miss you heaps Carly, Megie, Leah, Brooke and Hannah!!!!!! BYE!!! :) Look forward to seeing the rest of 5/6ST when I get back!!!

PS: Hope you don't get jealous that every morning we wake up to a breakfast buffet and I sometimes have chocolate donuts and vanilla tarts!!!

PSS: I have included lots of photos for you to look at. I can explain more about them when I'm back at school.

From Mel.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment